Mother’s Day can be a mournful time for motherless women. Share how this feels for you and create new, more satisfying ways of taking care of yourself on this important day.
Issues covered include:
- Grief, whether your relationship was close , complicated, or challenging
- Loneliness, feeling bereft when others celebrate the day with their mothers
- Missing mother on this first Mother’s Day without her
- Long-held grief that has surfaced about losing your mother long ago
Goals of workshop include:
- Participants’ stories and needs are heard and cared about
- Self-care strategies are developed for future Mother’s Days
- Remember Mother and yourself in a special way on this significant day
About this workshop and the facilitator:
Part of an on-going ‘Holiday Survival’ series led by Adele Brookman for over 20 years. The workshop series stems from her 30+ years in general private practice with survivors of dysfunctional families, and with people grieving the AIDS and cancer epidemics, Mother-Loss, Father-Loss and Sibling-Loss.